Preferred Client

Started by Victor Kirhenshtein, January 18, 2011, 11:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would be your preferred way to work with NetXMS?

Management application
63 (69.2%)
Web interface
26 (28.6%)
Smartphone client
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Victor Kirhenshtein

What would be your preferred (or desirable) way of working with NetXMS? I don't mean current situation, when you should use Windows-based management application, but how you would like to work with the system.

Best regards,
Victor

Dmitry

Hi,

I've got a heterogeneous environment - work both in Linux and Windows. Thus having to install a system dependent GUI management console is a pain for me. I'd prefer a single server-side application, which would eliminate a necessity to install a console at every place I work at.
Thanks!

Best,
Dmitry

testos

Hi all,

The web based console, provides the additional benefit of being able to access NetXMS server from any location, unique for all platforms. In addition, it allows automate certain tasks via pluggins browser, such as iOpus iMacros plugin. In this way we could record and replay repetitious work, export data from NetXMS, import data to NetXMS from external databases or files,...
In my opinion, you should focus all efforts on the web console.

Best regards

testos

Interesting opinion about NetXMS in: http://ipinfo.info/html/network_management_software.php  ;)

"...If NetXMS would have a unified web interface instead, it could become a killer application."

Best regardars.