News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Support / Re: nxAgent, crash, libcrypto ...
Last post by sodalist - April 24, 2024, 02:32:30 PM
Hello,

Q: Was it working on older versions or this is new setup?
A: Unknown. This is a new/clean setup. Specific is tunneled agent setup. And agent uptime monitoring (which pointed out issue).

Q: What exact version of openssl package you are using?
A: Package: libssl3, Version: 3.0.11-1~deb12u2, APT-Sources: http://deb.debian.org/debian bookworm/main amd64 Packages

Br, Ales
General Support / Re: snmp v3
Last post by MarcusH - April 24, 2024, 02:02:58 PM
Tried clean test server install with just the node that do not work and it works on test server.
Tried renaming and then recreate the node that does not work and now snmp v3 works on the new node on production server.
Odd issue that only snmp v3 is not working on some old nodes.

I will recreate all nodes to be safe.
General Support / Re: nxAgent, crash, libcrypto ...
Last post by Victor Kirhenshtein - April 24, 2024, 02:00:01 PM
Agent crashes within OpenSSL library (specifically within EVP_PKEY_CTX_new) and I do not see any obvious problems with calling code. This part was not changed for quite some time. Was it working on older versions or this is new setup? What exact version of openssl package you are using?

Best regards,
Victor
General Support / Re: Connection Refused
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - April 24, 2024, 11:37:58 AM
nxshell is integration tool, that allows python code to interact with netxms server. For Windows GUI client you need to install this: https://netxms.com/download/releases/4.5/netxms-client-4.5.6-x64.exe
General Support / Re: [Windows] Web Api install?
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - April 24, 2024, 11:35:53 AM
Current Windows WEB UI installer includes web api as well. It can be reached at http://127.0.0.1:4788/api/
War file itself is located in C:\NetXMS-WebUI\jetty-base\webapps\api.war
General Support / Re: snmp v3
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - April 24, 2024, 11:11:34 AM
Yes, debug log on level 6 would be beneficial. Couple of options
 - use some netxms agent in proxy mode and take the log of it
- use some test installation of netxms server that has just a couple of SNMP nodes (it's also worth to unmanage the node that represents server itself to minimize logged stuff)
General Support / snmp v3
Last post by MarcusH - April 23, 2024, 03:48:12 PM
Hi,

Any known issues with connecting to snmp v3 agents?
Have odd issue where some nodes work and some don't with the exact same auth configuration.

The node that netxms can't connect to agent with v3 is verified that the agent is running and v3 auth information works in other snmp explorer software.

The node can connect with v2c if enabled, just v3 having issues.

Tried debug logs but since it is the server very hard with spammed debug log, set snmp.discovery to level 6 and it shows SnmpCheckV3CommSettings trying then fail.

When i do full config poll on a node that V3 works on there is no SnmpCheckV3CommSettings in logs it just connects and polls.

The nodes that V3 work on and the nodes that does not have exact same config no question since the snmp is set with nxshell script on all nodes in the container.
General Support / Re: Changes in Maps not gettin...
Last post by deepb - April 19, 2024, 03:27:02 PM
Upgraded to v4.5.6 but the problem with maps persists. 
General Support / Re: [Windows] Web Api install?
Last post by raindrop - April 19, 2024, 12:43:46 PM
In the registry, update HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\nxWebUI\Parameters\Start\Params and add the following line at the end: 

Hi pzandvoort

I am having issues with this line as the reg line is correct till you get you to nxWebUI I only have nxreportd in the path. 
Web access is working fine for user access.
I am on window 2022std. Can you elaborate on the reg entry? This was also put on the WIKI .... BUT half of the info was missing.  https://wiki.netxms.org/wiki/Deploy_NetXMS_WebAPI_using_the_WebUI_Windows_installer_(Windows_only!)

Thanks

PS: it would be nice to have clear, concise instructions in the documentation from the developers in this.
General Support / Connection Refused
Last post by gopinadh7420 - April 18, 2024, 06:05:13 PM
I am trying to login to Nxms through windows nxms client. My Nxms server is hosted in Linux server. I dont have hacve any issues previously. But I am getting this now. I have seen a post here about this but I was so confused. I did run command nxdbmgr check but no use. I restarted server no use. I tried nxshell -p 4701 I got this output. Can anyone help me with this please

[email protected] password:
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.python.core.io.StreamIO (file:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/netxms/java/jython-standalone-2.7.3.jar) to field java.io.FilterInputStream.in
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.python.core.io.StreamIO
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
[main] INFO  org.netxms.client.NXCSession - Connecting to 127.0.0.1:4701
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
        at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:412)
        at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:255)
        at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:237)
        at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:609)
        at org.netxms.client.NXCSession.connect(NXCSession.java:2217)
        at org.netxms.client.NXCSession.connect(NXCSession.java:2190)
        at org.netxms.Shell.connect(Shell.java:212)
        at org.netxms.Shell.run(Shell.java:75)
        at org.netxms.Shell.main(Shell.java:56)