News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Compilation for Windows, missing files

Started by Beda, February 15, 2013, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beda

Hi,
I encountered a following problem when compiling NetXMS 1.2.5 (stable) in Visual Studio 2010 Professional on 64b Windows7.
It seems that a file netxms.sln contains references to files not included in source tar.gz archive.
For example files
- src\libtre\xmalloc.c
- src\agent\core\messages.rc
- src\agent\subagents\dbquery\dbquery.vcproj
- src\libexpat\libexpat\libexpat.vcproj
- src\libnxmb\libnxmb.vcproj
- src\nxlptest\nxlptest.vcproj
- src\flow_analyzer\libipfix\libipfix.vcproj
- src\flow_analyzer\nxflowd\nxflowd.vcproj
- src\nxinstall\nxinstall.vcproj
are missing. I'm not sure if these files are necessary, but either some source files are missing or netxms.sln is not actual.
Please, could you upload a consistent version of stable sources and project file for VS?

And do you really use VS for compiling NetXMS for Windows or do you use another method (cross-compilation)? Maybe this is the most important part of the question for me, because my goal is to compile NetXMS for Windows from modified sources.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

We use Visual Studio 2005 for building NetXMS on Windows. I'll check and fix missing files. In the meantime you can use SVN snapshot to get these files: https://www.netxms.org/download/netxms-svn.tar.gz.

Best regards,
Victor

Beda

Thank you for your answer, I found all vcproj files and xmalloc.c in an SVN.
Also I found out that the file messages.rc is not missing, but it is generated from messages.mc (at least I hope it should work like this after correct setting of my VS).