Need Some Help

Started by kanzari, April 12, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kanzari

Hi,
First of all Thank you for this awesome tool.

So, I'm Kanzari the network manager in our company, i'm looking for a tool to be the main network supervision frame of our new GNOC so i'm planning to use NETXMS.

In our company we have a large network composed by over 1000 network devices (cisco routers, junper routers, huawei routers, switches...) and in the first step we need to monitor our network using ICMP pings and get some devices data :

• Device Memory usage
  • Device Processor usage
  • Device Temperature

so i have some questions about NETXMS:

• Can NETXMS deal with this kind of situations?
  • Can we have partnership in future?
  • Is there any documentation for recommended architecture to use for a clean installation?

I installed NETXMS server with administration console with MySQL database it's work fine but i'm new with NETXMS and i dont find how to add a device just with ICMP Ping (no descovering, just green when ping is ok and red when it's down)

But i can't start the webui server (i changed the port to 8787) i have this error :

QuoteWindows could not start the NetXMS WebUI on local computer. for more information, review the system event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 1.

Oh yes i planed this architecture for the solution :

• MS Windows server 2008 for database (maybe Oracle or MSSQL)
  • MS Windows server 2008 for NetXMS server ans webui

Can you help me please i need to test it in my labtop before starting the servers installation.

Thank you.

Santosh Khanna

Requested feature are possible.

You can add a device for ICMP ping as follows:

in Discovery configuration, turn off auto discovery feature.
To add a device use legacy console
for monitoring only ICMP, disable the SNMP feature while adding a node.