Development directions

From: Victor Kirhenshtein <victor_at_DOMAIN_REMOVED>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:56:23 +0200

Hi all!

Is there any ideas on what direction(s) we should focus for the next
versions? I see the following to choose from:

- GUI improvement. This can include more powerful graphs, simplified
policy editing, sorting in all views.
- Event correlation.
- Agent improvement (more parameters, maybe some optimization).
- Log analyzer subagent.
- Perl subagent (to make possible write parameter handlers in perl
without executing perl interpreter each time).
- Centralized agent management - agent configuration editing from
console, remote agent restart.
- Data collection templates.
- SNMP support improvement (adding support for v3, extensive testing,
adding MIB parser to libnxsnmp).
- Add support for plugins to GUI.
- Network maps.

I'm waiting for your comments.