RE: Development directions

From: Igor Kopman <Igor.Kopman_at_DOMAIN_REMOVED>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 13:08:40 +0200

What about to start with just making Unix agent upgrades as well as to make
service checks to really make checks? :)

We still have .14 on all unix servers, as upgrade is not working for unix'es
yet.

We also don't have reliable service checks. Half of service checks shows
some magical stuff instead of real data: dozens of false alarms, some
servers are "always down" while actually up, and so on.
Currently we had to disable all service checks at all, as noone trusts into
this checks anyway.

So I think it's nice to have all this pretty GUI stuff, but without reliable
monitoring agents it's just useless... Without proper upgrade procedure -
installing new versions with new stuff - this is amount of work that makes
all this stuff useless too.