NetXMS 3.9 version 3.9.298

Started by Victor Kirhenshtein, October 03, 2021, 10:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi all!

We just published new patch release for version 3.9 - 3.9.298. Changes since previous patch release:

- Improved file delivery policy editor
- Fixed bug in centralized agent upgrade on Windows
- New endpoint /events in web API for sending events
- Filtering by primary host name in web API endpoint /objects
- Fixed session agent crash on 32 bit Windows systems
- Fixed issues:
        NX-2129 (File delivery policy on Windows Agent causing .part0 to be added to the filename)
        NX-2130 (If file in file delivery policy is updated new version is appended to the old one instead of replacing it)
        NX-2133 (Set subagent column as instance on table Agent.SubAgents)
        NX-2134 (Agent crashes if invalid owner or group set in file delivery policy)

Best regards,
Victor

gdodd

Does that mean once server and agent are on 3.9.298, future centralized agent upgrades should work? Or should it work with just server on 3.9.298?

I am trying to upgrade Windows agents 3.9.280 from Linux server 3.9.298 and get the "Agent's version doesn't match..." error message.

normalcy

Hi gdodd I also get this error on latest agents when deploying it centrally to working agents.  In the past when I had this error it was because the agent version string had a build hash in the version string and the NPI had the correct version string.  Editing the NPI manually fixed that until the next agent release, but that doesn't seem to be the issue here, agent version and NPI seem to match for me.

Also having issues on older agents upgrading with .part01 appended to the end of installer transfers.  Have you had any of those issues too?

Quote from: gdodd on October 05, 2021, 04:10:21 AM

Does that mean once server and agent are on 3.9.298, future centralized agent upgrades should work? Or should it work with just server on 3.9.298?

I am trying to upgrade Windows agents 3.9.280 from Linux server 3.9.298 and get the "Agent's version doesn't match..." error message.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Quote from: gdodd on October 05, 2021, 04:10:21 AM

Unfortunately most issues with file transfer and upgrade in 3.9 were agent related, so you have to upgrade agent somehow. Once both server and agent are on 3.9.298, further upgrades should work fine. We will discuss internally if we can do something server-side to allow upgrade of previous versions.

Best regards,
Victor

gdodd

OK, thank you for getting that fixed and for the extra details.

I pushed out 3.9.298 using an alternate method. I was then able to use NetXMS Package Manager to essentially reinstall 3.9.298 without errors. I will take that as a good sign.

Dawid Kellerman

Hi
I can concur with gdodd :) as I performed the same and all worked.

Thank you NetXMS Team!