NetXMS 4.1 patch release 4.1.333

Started by Victor Kirhenshtein, May 20, 2022, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi all!

We just published patch release for version 4.1 - 4.1.333. Changes since previous release:

- Added support for package type "zip"
- Fixed incorrect label colors on dashboards after migration from 4.0
- Minimum number of bytes required for MAC address search reduced to two
- Reading of ipAddrTable and/or ipAddressTable during configuration poll can be disabled via custom attributes
- Fixed server crash caused by incorrect value of configuration parameter ICMP.PingSize
- Multiple fixes and improvements in new UI
- Fixed issues:
        NX-2089 (Bundle prunmgr.exe with web-ui installer)
        NX-2250 (Show VLAN information on interface overview page)
        NX-2258 (No context menu on area of interactive dashboard graphs)

Best regards,
Victor

Egert143

Hello

After upgrade from 4.0.2151 to 4.1.333 i have noticed that "Evidence" switches show error message "Failed login: User: SYSTEM, from netxms:57774 (SSH)", but other switches dont show that error. Is it something driver related and how to turn it off?

Egert

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

version 4.1 attempts to detect SSH availability during configuration poll. Most likely other switches just don't report failed SSH login attempts, or they have valid credentials. If you don't need SSH access to problematic switches you can disable SSH polling in node properties on "Polling" page.

Best regards,
Victor

Egert143

Is that correct behavior when ssh user and password haven't been inserter then NetXms will still try to connect?
Also is there a way to mass disable ssh polling currently? Later when needed i can manualy activate it again.

Victor Kirhenshtein

I just checked and there is a bug in SSH polling code - server attempts to connect with empty user name and password if nothing is set. We will fix it until next patch release.

For disabling SSH polling you can use NXSL method enableSsh on node object - either add it to configuration poll hook or run once script that will enumerate all nodes and set SSH flag to false. Also, if you are not using SSH functionality, you can disable SSH subagent on server's local agent and on proxy nodes.

Best regards,
Victor

Egert143

Thanks for the info. :)

Will there be features with ssh in future, like some automation with ssh commands or similar?

Egert

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

Yes, I think we will use SSH more. Some automation with SSH is already possible - like execute command as a reaction for an event for example, or execute command from script and process output. One obvious direction for improvement is to introduce concept of SSH session to NXSL scripts and allow execution of multiple commands within single session.

Best regards,
Victor

Egert143

Is the ssh commands universal, i mean are they supposed to work with all ssh capable devices, or does it depend on device.

Any examples on ssh output processing?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Yes, they are universal. Below is ad-hoc example of script that reads DHCP leases from Mikrotik router and prints IP address of specific node, if found:

for(line : $node->executeSSHCommand("/ip dhcp-server/lease/print"))
{
if (line->contains("raspberrypi") and line ~= '^\s?[0-9]+\s+([0-9.]+).*')
   println("address:", $1);
}

Best regards,
Victor