Android client

Started by Marco Incalcaterra, November 03, 2011, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Incalcaterra

It could be very nice to have the possibility to select which sound to play on events notification (instead of using the default one), this will help a lot to catch attention without turning on the smartphone.

Best regards,
Marco.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Done in 1.1.6 client. In the next release, I also plan to add possibility to configure different sounds for different alarm priorities.

Btw, how are overall impression with Android client? Is it useful, what functions are most desired in mobile client?

Best regards,
Victor

Marco Incalcaterra

Hi Victor,

I upgraded to version 1.1.6, well done: the new sound section works fine! I agree with you about the possibility to customize sound based on alarm type, it will catch the attention without the necessity to open the client.

As a desired implementation for the future I would recommend a section to show graphs (maybe this is just a coreographic function rather than a really must-to-have :D)

In general, I consider the android client very useful, it is easy to see what is going on. During the usage I found two strange behaviours:
- In my customized DCI I created two entries to monitor % of used disk space (Disk.UsedPerc(C:)), the reported value is unsigned integer in the PC console (as expected) but it is reported as floating point value in the android console (in the "last value" section).
- Sometimes the node root is empty, I have to log-out and then log-in again to have it filled properly. It seems that the client lost the connection (although it states that is connected to the server).

Thank you very much for your efforts.

Best regards,
Marco

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: Jmp_3f8h on November 14, 2011, 06:24:59 PM
- In my customized DCI I created two entries to monitor % of used disk space (Disk.UsedPerc(C:)), the reported value is unsigned integer in the PC console (as expected) but it is reported as floating point value in the android console (in the "last value" section).

I found that in the java console the values are floating point too (but not in the legacy console), even if I customized the value to report as integer. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Quote from: Jmp_3f8h on November 14, 2011, 06:24:59 PM
- Sometimes the node root is empty, I have to log-out and then log-in again to have it filled properly. It seems that the client
lost the connection (although it states that is connected to the server).

In addition to this I found that, when not in the Home screen, if selecting "Disconnect & Exit" from the menu than the program doesn't exit but it reconnects to the server (there are two toast notification "NetXMS service started" and "Connected to server ..."), if the node list wasn't updated than, after this, it is refreshed correctly. I use it to force a refresh when I think that the console lost the connectivity.

Another little problem I found is in the notification, instead of reporting the node that have problems it is reported "<unknown>: message" (where 'message' is the message of the notification). If you click on the notification it pops up the Home screen, I guess it should open directly the Alarms page (inside the Alarm page the <node> is reported correctly).

As an additional desiderata I can suggest the possibility to have a checkbox in the settings to select if the client will starting automatically on boot, I usually forgot to start it when I reboot the smartphone.

Best regards,
Marco.