3.9.280 server is crashing on start

Started by 2b2bff, September 29, 2021, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2b2bff

Hi,

after update to 3.9.280 the server keeps crashing. No dump is created and I cannot see anything in the log besides a warning that the runtime OpenSSL version does not match the compile time version.

Windows Server 2019
Microsoft SQL Server 2017

What can I do?

Cheers

Filipp Sudanov

Does it crash right after start, or it runs for some time and then crashes?

You can try setting DebugLevel = 7 in configuration file to see, if last log entries before crash are same for several crashes.

I just tried installing .280 on Windows and it's running so far.

2b2bff

Thanks for getting back. This could actually help...

The last line in the log after a lot of startup tasks always is:

DCObject::updateTimeIntervalsInternal(.1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.3.2.4.1.2.8.103.101.116.116.101.109.112.115.{instance} [16574]): retentionTime=0, pollingInterval=0

Maybe it is that both are 0?

2b2bff

Sadly I'm not any further. Currently I'm trying to restore the database to the time that I upgraded to 3.9.280 from 3.9.235. But so far no luck...

I wonder what the cause is. Is it 3.9 altogether because 3.8 was rock solid for me. Or is it some weird configuration I might have?

I happen to like NetXMS for various reasons. But currently it does just nothing. And I have to way to recover from that. I don't want to switch away...

Filipp Sudanov

DCObject looks to be a data collection item. You can try finding it in the database in items table and setting status to 1 (disabled).
More information on the database structure is here: https://www.netxms.org/documentation/datadictionary-3.0/

Please inform, if this helps.

2b2bff

Hi again,

finally got time to look into this a bit more.

Disabling that DCI didn't help. I guess it's just the last line in the log, but not necessarily the reason.

I turned on crash dumps and I get a Divide by Zero at 00007FFE4513ABE7 in nxcore.dll (using 3.9.334). Does this help? I could provide the dump as well...

Cheers

2b2bff

Ok, after loading the dumps in Visual Studio and trying to understand them, I started to delete all of the affected DCIs, one by one. Seems like they all did belong to the same node, that was not important to monitor. So I decided to delete the node in the database alltogether.

Now NetXMS finally started again and is currently gathering all the data of the last weeks.

Victor Kirhenshtein

This bug should be fixed in 3.9.361.

Best regards,
Victor