Cannot connect to NetXMS agent (connect failed)

Started by helloworld, February 14, 2024, 04:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helloworld

Hello,

One of my nodes (windows server) isnt sending the information to the server. I realized when i poll configuration (full), i get "Cannot connect to NetXMS agent (connect failed)". In same subnet i have another servers with same hardware and same agent configuration file what is working fine. Object status is Normal (green). I tryed agent reinstallation with same result. Nxagentd -r command output is sucessfully registered on management server. This is my main issue in my testing enviroment. Some agents are connected and some not.

Any ideas what may be the solution here? 

Btw i searched here similar issues but nothing worked for me.

Thank you.

graeChris

This could be a whole range of issues, but I would first try to use your netxms server to ping the device you are trying to reach via agent. If that works, I would then check the devices firewall settings to make sure the port is open.

helloworld

Hi Chris,

Thank you for quick reply,

Sure i can pin both devices and a clearly see that device as node in my console online. I didnt mentoined in the first message i checked firewall inbound rules what are written by the installer. All TCP, UPD ports are allowed ford agent.

One thing what can specify this issue is the interface is showed unknown, but it can detect the vendor of the adapter.

Filipp Sudanov

Try connecting to agent port from your server with telnet:

telnet AGENT_IP 4700

it should establish connection.

The other thing to check is that your server IP is in agent configuration file in
MasterServers = IP_OF_YOUR_SERVER