News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

compiled MIB not in Browser

Started by CMelchior, September 22, 2020, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMelchior

Hello all. I'm trying to import some MIB files from our equipment provider. I am able to upload the files to the server, move them to the mibs folder and compile all without errors. However, in the MIB browser the enterprise it not showing up. Any SNMP traps we are getting from these devices are not translating into readable text. I've attached the MIB files for reference.

I'm running NetXMS on a Debain Hyper-V hosted machine and I'm using the WebUI.

The equipment we are monitoring is not standard IT equipment in that it will allow for SNMP polling. These are distributed antenna systems (DAS) for cellular coverage indoors. Every remote system has a controller which is handling several other downstream fiber optic units. The controller will send out an SNMP trap when an even occurs, we need to be able to collect and read those traps to determine how to best resolve the error, seeing the OIDs is not going to be good enough, and creating an even for each OID is also not a good solution. I have 10 different equipment vendors, with multiple equipment models and each with it's own MIB file. I'm facing a daunting task to bring these all in, I tried to start with the easiest...

Thanks

CMelchior

Well I figured out what I did wrong. I mis-typed the command from the WIKI page. I guess a . is no replacement for /

Now I have to figure out how to get a specific trap variable to trigger an event and alarm...