Couple of questions

Started by Rabid, May 29, 2012, 07:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabid

Running 1.2.0 Console and agents.

First question, I have a WMI Query WMI.Query(root\cimv2,"select * from Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfDisk_PhysicalDisk Where Name = '_total'",DiskWriteBytesPersec) and it yields results but yet when I try to graph this DCI I get a flat line of 0.

Second question, is it possible to monitor all windows services that are set to "automatic" and if any are not started to get an alert.  I believe Nagios does something like this.

Third question, I would really like to try out the reporting, is there an example somewhere?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Quote from: Rabid on May 29, 2012, 07:44:45 PM
First question, I have a WMI Query WMI.Query(root\cimv2,"select * from Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfDisk_PhysicalDisk Where Name = '_total'",DiskWriteBytesPersec) and it yields results but yet when I try to graph this DCI I get a flat line of 0.

check what data type is set for DCI. It should be set to some numeric type.

Quote from: Rabid on May 29, 2012, 07:44:45 PM
Second question, is it possible to monitor all windows services that are set to "automatic" and if any are not started to get an alert.  I believe Nagios does something like this.

it's not possible now. After we add threshold functionality to tabuilar DCIs, it will become possible.

Best regards,
Victor