Ghost Agents

Started by lindeamon, July 17, 2013, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindeamon

hi,

i am using version 1.2.7.
every now and then i get an alarm about an agent status on a node which does not have an agent installed what so ever.
the only thing that i can tell is that the network discovery is always on and maybe there is a bug.

Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Can you gather more information about these nodes? Also, could it be situation when node with agent has DHCP-assigned address which is reassigned to node without agent?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

i saw it happens on nodes that are not dhcp assigned nor those ip address are assigned through dhcp.
what info do you want me to collect ?
i have looked on the node that gave me the alarm today and i see duplicate node.
on the node with thew lowest ID which means that this was the 1st node to be discovered and the original one, i see that isAgent is set to yes and the agent version is the latest and i also see that the system description is the description of the netxms server itself {i use the linux version}.
another thing that i notice is that i have a lot of duplicate nodes (the ip addresses are the same and not dhcp assigned).

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Looks like server connects to loopback for some reason and so reads data from it's own agent. Can you please try to remove "wrong" duplicate nodes (with agent marked as presented) and see if they will reappear? Is it possible to determine if duplicates was created by 1.2.7 or previous server version?

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have removed different nodes for several times in the past, and in earlier versions but i can not remember when it started.
i do remember this from version 1.2.6 for sure and i remember doing cleaning and checkups for the DB.
i have removed the duplicated nodes today and i will see if they reappear during the next days.

hope it helps,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

i have installed v1.2.8 just now and i still have the problem. i will wait a couple of day to check again after deletion of the nodes and let the new server poll all the status and config and let you know if the problem occurs.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

there is a bug. i have delete earlier several ghost nodes and i checked it now and they reappear.

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

hi victor,

any news ?

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

Hi Victor,

i have noticed that you did no address this issue yet and i can tell you that it continues to happen all the time and with different nodes every time.
b.t.w - great work and can not wait to install v1.2.9

Best Regards,
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Try 1.2.9, and if issue will persist we will have to gather more detailed information from your installation.

Best regards,
Victor

lindeamon

hi victor,

will do that.

best regards,
Lindeamon

lindeamon

Hi Victor,

Bad News, It still happens.
what do we do ?

Best Regards,