How to disable SYS_INCORRECT_NETMASK event ?

Started by hkusulja, May 07, 2014, 10:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hkusulja

Hi,
sometimes we have routers that have configured public ip with /32, this is for a reason (VRRP for example), and in that case, NetXMS reports new Event - SYS_INCORRECT_NETMASK - "Invalid network mask 255.255.255.255 on interface eth1" should be ....". This is wrong in our case and I want to turn this check off completely.

I have disabled Event processing policy to stop creating alerts.

However, is there a way to disable such NetXMS-integrated event to stop showing in Event Monitor at all ?

Thank you

yshiro

Hi, you can disable it on "Configuration\Event processing Policy" just look for "Generate alarm when incorrect network mask detected on interface" and disable this policy.

Regards.

hkusulja

Quote from: yshiro on May 08, 2014, 11:14:16 AM
Hi, you can disable it on "Configuration\Event processing Policy" just look for "Generate alarm when incorrect network mask detected on interface" and disable this policy.
Hi, thank you for a tip, however as I said, I have already disabled in Event processing policy. The issue is that NetXMS Agents are still generating this Events, and if you look real-time Event monitor, there are lot of them, so I am trying to disable this feature / event log generation for this.

Thank you

joni

+1 how to disable sys_* (all system) events ? or how to owerwrite it?

Alex Kirhenshtein

Short answer - you can't. You can, however, disable saving them to event log (Event Configuration -> edit SYS_INCORRECT_NETMASK -> uncheck "Write to event log").

If you really want to disable them, change src/server/core/node.cpp, lines 1016 and 5699, remove "PostEvent" call (all 3 lines) and recompile.         PostEvent(EVENT_INCORRECT_NETMASK, m_id, "idsaa", pInterface->getId(),
                   pInterface->getIfIndex(), pInterface->getName(),
                   pInterface->getIpNetMask(), pSubnet->getIpNetMask());

P.S. I highly recommend you to fix invalid netmask on servers/routers instead of muting them in monitoring.

Quote from: hkusulja on May 08, 2014, 11:36:32 AM
Quote from: yshiro on May 08, 2014, 11:14:16 AM
Hi, thank you for a tip, however as I said, I have already disabled in Event processing policy. The issue is that NetXMS Agents are still generating this Events, and if you look real-time Event monitor, there are lot of them, so I am trying to disable this feature / event log generation for this.

Thank you

Harun

Quote from: Alex Kirhenshtein on December 17, 2014, 01:50:42 PM
P.S. I highly recommend you to fix invalid netmask on servers/routers instead of muting them in monitoring.
This approach does not work if I use vrf (virtual routing and forwarding).

tomaskir

Probably best to leave the events to be generated, and instead modify EPP (event processing policy) to not create alarms for these events from certain nodes where you know this is supposed to happen.

This is better then disabling the event generation all together.