Manually adding nodes

Started by millerpaint, June 01, 2012, 02:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerpaint

Greetings,

On a new install of v1.1.9, I would like to clear the database of all information that was auto-discovered, and then start fresh by adding nodes manually.  I am guessing I can just delete/recreate the MySQL db and then re-initialize it to clear things out (or is there an easier way?), but I don't see an option under the tools menu to add a node manually - how can I manually enter nodes using their IP address?

Thanks for the help!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Yes, you can just re-create database, or simply delete all objects under network tree. To manually enter the node, you should either select "Infrastructure services" objects or create container object under it, and choose "Create node" from container's context menu.

Best regards,
Victor

millerpaint

I manually deleted a subnet on our network (192.168.1.0), and that was removed, however the hosts that were discovered on the 192.168.1.0 network remain (they show down below on the bottom of the console view).  When I right click on those hosts and attempt to delete them, I do not receive an error... but they will not actually delete.

Is this because I deleted the subnet first, or?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Looks like a bug. Try to stop server and run database check:

nxdbmgr check

Best regards,
Victor

millerpaint

OK Victor, I ran the db check, and it did find several inconsistencies in the database (it seems all were related to the 192.168.1.0 subnet that I had removed).

Rather than go thru each of them, I ended up dropping the database, then re-creating it.  Everything is good now, and I am using autodiscover again but this time with a filter, so that it only looks at 50 of our subnets.