Stuck in Reports Creation with Jasper

Started by radw, June 29, 2016, 08:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radw

Hello NetXMS community, I kindly ask your help or advice , about understand the Reports Creation for NetXMS with Jasper.

Here are the stages that I've done up to this day:

1) With Alex help (via telegram), I followed the steps to achieve loading the reporting server and alarms/events example reports (mostly based on this: https://www.netxms.org/forum/installation/reporting-server-4315/)

2) Then, as in JasperSoft Studio I cannot understand at first sight the reports structure for NetXMS (by importing and inspecting the alarms/events example reports), I decided to start small by exporting the data from one DCI in CSV and then loading it in JasperSoft Studio, and I achieved loading the CSV data in a blank report:

3) I tried to do the same thing with Table and Charts, but JasperSoft Studio dont present me the data as expected.

I dont know if this is the right path to learn from scratch on how to design Jasper Reports for NetXMS, so I want to understand, because is pretty frustrating go all this way to learn NetXMS setup, data collection and get it working , only to end up stuck in the Report Creation Phase:

1) ¿¿How is the best path or training for learn JasperSoft Studio (aimed to design reports for NetXMS)??: Because I have search in the web almost all tutorials and I only achieve the described stages, or at least to know how did you learn JasperSoft Report Creation ?? (If its possible for me to follow the same path for start learning by myself).

2) ¿¿How can I connect or understand the NetXMS data structures link with the JasperSoft fields necessary to create the reports??, if there is no db direct connection or queries, and we rely only in the NetXMS Data Dictionary. As far as I understood the Reports Creation, the Report should be compiled first in Jasper and then bring to the NetXMS server to run.

Regards.