Network Service Access - Default Network Interface

Started by abkulakli, October 28, 2019, 07:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abkulakli

Hello,

I've installed NetXMS on one of our servers. It has two interfaces on it. One has access to other servers but the other does not.

The problem I have is the NetXMS server sometimes (what I suspect) uses the second interface and it fails to check a network service on other servers. All other servers show 10.x.x.x IP's on overview but netXMS server shows 172.x.x.x. But i have access to the server with 10.x.x.x adres. What might be wrong?

I am not interested in the interface with IP 172.x.x. All I need is 10.x.x.x.

Scenario: NetXMS server checks for Network Service on port 12345 but fails event though service exists and available from command prompt (telnet <host> 12345)

Regards,

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

source address for connection is determined only by routing. NetXMS server itself does not specifically select source IP address. If routing is correct then it should work. For network service checks to work you should have "portcheck" sub-agent loaded in local agent (the one running on NetXMS server itself). Make sure that it is loaded. Also you may increase debug level for agent and check what is going on when server requests service check.

Best regards,
Victor