News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

NetXMS agent takes up 100% CPU

Started by ZacHow, January 29, 2019, 11:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacHow

Hi,

We have an issue with one of our servers. As soon as nxagent starts, the CPU jumps to 100%.
We are running the latest version, and we've tried uninstalling / reinstalling. The server is running Windows 2008R2.
We have other 2008R2 servers with the same config on the same network, it's strange that it's only this box which has errors.

Please let me know what logs or information you need to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Zac.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

try to start agent with debug level 9 and log set to file, and then provide log file for period from start to high CPU usage.

Best regards,
Victor

ZacHow

Hi Victor, Apologies for the delayed response. Had trouble getting these logs, please see attached!

There are an hours worth of logs, but the screenshots within show the exact timestamps for the CPU suddenly rising.
As per the screenshots, its almost as if the agent is freezing for 3 minutes, spiking to 100% CPU and staying there. It's very strange.

Many thanks, Zac.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I don't see any logs attached.

Best regards,
Victor

ZacHow

Hi Victor, it won't upload due to file size limit. It's 1.24 MB. Seems a little low to me?
Link to download it from One Drive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmGzVrcqNnJEhmBaziSAp4xvwbR2
Let me know if there's any issues but the link should be a public download.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

can you create process dump when agent start using 100% CPU and send it to me?

Best regards,
Victor

ZacHow

Hi victor,

Please see link below:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmGzVrcqNnJEhn_H0yig5FADmhmg

It's 25mb even when zipped so wouldn't let me upload direct to forum.

Let me know if there's any permissions issues, but it should be a public upload.

Many thanks,

Zac.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

I don't see anything wrong in the dump - all threads seems to be waiting on something. Try to comment out all subagents in nxagentd.conf and restart agent. If CPU usage stay low, enable them one by one to find out which is responsible.

Best regards,
Victor