NXCsession timeout error -- is there any way to get more information?

Started by zshnet, August 16, 2016, 12:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zshnet

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with accessing my main NetXMS server from a separate private network. I have a computer with  a public address through 1 to 1 NAT, which tries to use nxshell to run a script. This computer talks to the NetXMS server's public IP address (which I can use to access the NetXMS console, so it does work). Any time I try to do this, the process hangs for many minutes (>10) and then eventually ends with an NXCsession timeout error.

Is there anywhere I can find more information? I didn't see anything in the logs, but is there a keyword I should be looking for? It seems to be specific to this private network (others can access the NetXMS server fine). When I run packet capture on one of the intervening routers, I can see that the two talk and send acknowledgement packets, but no data is ever exchanged.

Thanks,
Zach

P.S.
For clarification, I have the following topology when trying to access NetXMS

|----------------Private Network 1----------------- ------------------------------------------------| ------------Public Internet-----------| --------------------Private Network 2-----------------------------------------------------------------|

Server with NAT-ed public IP address, ==> Router with public internet access====>         Fiber head-end       ====>  Router with public internet access====> NetXMS server with public IP address
so it can reach public internet                                                                                         to public internet

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

it's definitely a network issue. One possible cause could be MTU mismatch and/or disabled fragmentation somewhere along the route. This could explain why small packets (connection setup and ack) pass through while larger packets with data cannot.

Best regards,
Victor