nxshell - scripting with event log

Started by zshnet, June 20, 2016, 06:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zshnet

Hi all,

I can see in the nxshell docs that I can get logs out of the server. However, it requires a string to get the right log. I tried "Event Log" "eventlog" "events" and a few others but can't seem to guess the correct string to pull the event log from the server. Can anyone point me to a list of the log strings?

For the curious, I'm attempting to build an audit of our events every night, and email an easy-to-read summary of what occurred every morning. We have a network with a huge number of devices, so the event log can be pretty dense. Rather than seeking out the event log on devices, this way engineering is forced to see problems in the network each morning. If you might have a better NetXMS way to do this without scripting, I'm all ears, but as a programmer scripting is usually my first stop.

Thanks,
Zach

Tatjana Dubrovica

There are names: "AlarmLog", "AuditLog", "EventLog", "SnmpTrapLog", "syslog".
final Log handle = session.openServerLog("EventLog");

If you need exactly summary e-mails, then it can be good solution. Other solutions is to generate alarms and check alarms in the morning.

zshnet

I could have sworn I tried that. Well, thanks for the help! Feeling a bit foolish about that.

Thanks,
Zach