Please give the example how to restart the remote service automatically

Started by dogz, December 25, 2011, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogz

Dear all,

I am the newbie and I tried to read the manual first(English is not my native language) and searched the forum, I still don't know how to make it. I would like to monitor some services such like Apache web service in the windows servers. If the service is not response, I hope NetXMS can restart the service remotely.

Please tell me how to make it possible. Please.

???

dogz

Dear All,

I finally got it worked, after changing the key words of search, I found this article very useful (https://www.netxms.org/forum/configuration/how-can-i-restart-remote-process-automatically/). Victor lets me understood how to do and know the difference. Thank Victor for your nice information, without you, I am still in the dark.

But I am still working on this issue, I hope someone can advise me how to do this issue.

I would like to know the problem is due to the web service stop or the web service is started but can't response (maybe Apache daemon is dead) or due to the programming failure or the web page is changed by crackers and so on.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Quote from: dogz on December 27, 2011, 06:26:03 AM
I would like to know the problem is due to the web service stop or the web service is started but can't response (maybe Apache daemon is dead) or due to the programming failure or the web page is changed by crackers and so on.

You should monitor multiple things and react to them differently. First, you should monitor state of Apache service via System.ServiceState parameter.  If it is not running, you can automatically restart it using actions. Also, you probably should monitor that your web server responds correctly to HTTP requests. You can done it by creating network service under web server node, or by using ServiceCheck.HTTP agent's parameter. Search the forum, there should be instructions about network service configuration. Also, if you have static web pages, you might want to monitor that they are not changed by using ESC subagent - it provides checksum calculation for web pages.

Best regards,
Victor