Send SMS Text Alerts

Started by Luiz A. Camilo, June 29, 2010, 01:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luiz A. Camilo

Hi,

I want to configure Netxms to send SMS messages.
I´ve searched a lot, and I found some things here in this forum, but I want to confirm if is there a specific device that Netxms supports, in case I need to buy one.
I found some stuff about use a terminal program, to connect to a COM Modem, and send some AT commands.
I believe that netxms "sms.nsm" uses this kind of commands, only specifying the COM port name. Right ?

have someone configured this already ?

I have here a Huawei E226 3G modem, but so far no progress... I apreciate comments and ideas.

Thanks in advance

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

How do you connect your modem? Directly to the NetXMS server or to remote node? In first case, you have to load generic.sms driver on server (by setting SMSDriver server configuration parameter) and specify COM port in SMSDrvConfig server configuration parameter. If you connect modem to remote node with agent, you should load sms.nsm subagent on this node, and use nxagent.sms instead of generic.sms on the server. In that case you should set SMSDrvConfig parameter to remote node IP address.

Also, there are known problem with Huawei E220 modem - it doesn't sent messages with backslash in text. I don't know how E226 differs from E220, so maybe E226 also affected.

Best regards,
Victor

Luiz A. Camilo

Hi,

My Huawei E220 is directly conected to the Netxms machine, and I´ve done a Hyper Terminal Test, And I was able to conect to the COM3 and send a SMS message to my cellphone, So I guess it´s all Ok .
Now, I´m configuring the parameters under Netxms Server configurarion like this :

SMSDriver : generic.sms Restart=No
SMSDrvConfig : COM1 Restart=Yes

I´ve by mistake deleted a the row "SMSDriver", and I had to re-create it, and after that, the Restart become =No and I cant change that.
I hope it doesn´t affect my tests.

Well, Thank you very much for your help, and I´ll post my results.

Luiz A. Camilo

Hi,

Just to finish this Post, It´s working perfectly.
As Victor Said, the messages that contains a "/" are not sent, but I´m finding ways to workaround this.

Thank you very much for your help.