Server Configuration Options

Started by lweidig, July 17, 2012, 01:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lweidig

I see that within the client I can add my own Server Configuration variable / value pairs.  How can I retrieve these values within a script and or how would I use my own additions. 

lindeamon

can you elaborate on the subject ?
what do you mean by server configuration ?
in the agent you can configure who is the master server which can do anything with the agent, who is the server that can receive events only and etc.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Quote from: lweidig on July 17, 2012, 01:56:58 AM
I see that within the client I can add my own Server Configuration variable / value pairs.  How can I retrieve these values within a script and or how would I use my own additions.

"Add" option in server configuration view is intended for adding parameters that are not listed by default for some reason (or was accidentally deleted). But I can add NXSL function to read configuration parameters of course, it's very simple.

Best regards,
Victor

lweidig

lindaemon:

Inside the console if you go into the Configuration -> Server Configuration menu you get all of the system settings displayed.  In the upper right corner is a green circle with a + sign that allows you to ADD variables that are not displayed and values.

Victor:

Yes, I think a function for accessing them would be great and as mentioned pretty trivial.  There are same global settings that we are referring to in scripts so that if we want to change them, it requires only a single place.  At this point we just store them as custom attributes in a known node, but they really more represent server configuration to us and that would seem to be the more appropriate location for them.

Thanks!