Status of DCI 44 (SNMP: .1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.16.1.2.0) changed to UNSUPPORTED

Started by yogita, December 23, 2010, 12:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogita

Hi All,

Need help in setting up NetXMS. I have justed installed the server and added few nodes through autodiscovery. Now I am getting error messages like

Status of DCI 44 (SNMP: .1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.16.1.2.0) changed to UNSUPPORTED

Can some body help me on this !!! What this error message mean and how can that be rectified.

Thanks in Advance,

Yogita

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

You can safely ignore them. It's a side effect of applying system templates. I'll fix it in next release.

Best regards,
Victor

yogita

Hi Victor,

I have installed netxms and added few nodes > recently I have applied templates for memory and cpu. But still I am not getting the alarms.

Its collecting data from node as it shows in DCI database but it shows  nothing in graph or on alarm browser.

Kindly help to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Yogita

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Please post screenshots of your configuration (DCI configuration, thresholds, event processing policy) - it's hard to identify problem based on information you have provided.

Best regards,
Victor

yogita

Hi Victor,

Kindly find the screenshots attached.

Regards,

Yogita

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

The problem is following: you generate event SYS_THRESHOLD_REACHED when you cross threshold. This event has sverity WARNING. Then, you have the rule in event processing policy, which has two filtering conditions: if event is either SYS_THRESHOLD_REACHED or DC_HIGH_CPU_UTIL AND event's severity is CRITICAL, then generate alarm. Your event will never pass through this filter, because it has severity WARNING. Also, your custom event - CPU_USAGE - is not used at all.

You should do consistent config, for example as following:

1. In threshold, set event to DC_HIGH_CPU_UTIL
2. In event processing policy, leave "severity" column as "any", and leave only DC_HIGH_CPU_UTIL in "event" column
3. Optionally, change alarm text to %m, if you wish to have alarm text to be the same as event's message

Best regards,
Victor