Status propagation for interface up/down

Started by Watchman, April 14, 2021, 07:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watchman

Hello.
While DCI-status is propagated to parent objects with the original status (warning, minor, major, critical),
the status for 'unexpected interface up' (major) or 'interface down' (minor) is always propagated with severity critical.

As the the interface in object tree shows the status critical, it may be intentionally.
But I would like to have the original interface severity propagated.

Status calculation is set to default.
Is there a setting to change this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Filipp Sudanov

Which version are you using?

Just tried recent one, unexpected interface up is critical on an interface and changes node to critical. Same for interface down.

What about status calculation settings on the interfaces, not on the node, are they set to default?

Watchman

>>> Which version are you using?
Version 3.8.266, but I think the behavior has always been like that.

>>> Just tried recent one, unexpected interface up is critical on an interface and changes node to critical. Same for interface down.
.. and I think it's not correct.
Why are events with the status minor or major processed as critical?

• Event 'Interface down' with severity 'minor'
  • > Alarm 'Interface down' with severity 'minor'
  • > Status 'Interface' gets 'critical'?  ???
>>> What about status calculation settings on the interfaces, not on the node, are they set to default?
All status calculation settings are default (server-configuration, interfaces, nodes, container).

Greetings

Filipp Sudanov

If this is still an issue - what are values of StatusPropagationAlgorithm and StatusCalculationAlgorithm in Configuration->Server Configuration?

Watchman

Values in Server Configuration are
  StatusPropagationAlgorithm: Unchanged
  StatusCalculationAlgorithm: Most critical

I'll try to describe the 'issue' in other words:

The 'port down' event (minor) leads into 'port status' critical > minor ≠ critical
The 'port unexpected up' event (major) leads into 'port status' critical > major ≠ critical

A change within StatusPropagationAlgorithm and StatusCalculationAlgorithm won't fix it.
It's a decision of development or a bug.

Greetings