Tables - Average time to queue DCI for polling

Started by bdefloo, May 09, 2012, 01:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdefloo

Hi,

I've been testing out a few of the new features in v1.2.0 the last days, came to an interesting discovery I thought I'd share.

Yesterday, I was playing around the the new tabular DCI's, more specifically, Filesystem.volumes.
It all worked OK, but then suddenly today, I find one of the performance related DCI's on my NetXMS server node has gone up.

More specifically, "Average time to queue DCI for polling for last minute" went from 0 with an occasional small peak to constant 12-14 with frequent peaks up to 180, exactly at the moment I added the table DCI. Likewise, it went away as soon as it was removed.

I guess the average value increasing makes some sense as it has to collect 11 parameters of in this case 17 volumes, but on the other hand, there are 902 other DCI's in NetXMS according to the Server Remote console stats command, so the average shouldn't too affected. Isn't the impact a bit high?

As for the table DCI's, they certainly have great potential. One feature I'd like is the ability to read out a value from a particular cell in NXSL. (similar to GetDCIValue) Obviously, thresholds would also be useful, but I can imagine creating a sufficiently flexible interface for configuring them is complicated work.

One last question. I've also posted a few bug reports in the bugtracker the last two weeks. Is it still in use? I couldn't find v1.2.0 in the list.

Thanks for the great software and all the effort you put into it!

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

It's definitely should not be like this. I'll try to reproduce this on my test system.

As for bug tracker, we use Jira internally, but because we have very limited number of licenses, we cannot open it to the public. And public bug tracker is very inactive, but I see those issues and will fix them. I have added 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 versions to public bug tracker.

Best regards,
Victor