Traps not working

Started by Rando, June 23, 2009, 01:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rando

I'm using the Wireshark protocol analyzer to confirm that a trap is being sent to my NetXMS server, and I have LogAllSNMPTraps and EnableSNMPTraps set to 1 in the server configuration, but I do not get any traps in the SNMP trap log.  I do have some old traps from a few months back. but nothing recent.  I am running Windows 2008 server and NetXMS 0.2.24.  Is there a service or something that should be running that will collect the traps and send it to NetXMS?  I tried enabling the Windows SNMP Trap service on the server and it did not make a difference.

Thank-you for your time in advance.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Is there any error messages in NetXMS server log when it starts? It is possible that some other process already listen on UDP port 162, and in that case NetXMS server is unable to bind to socket and receive traps.

Best regards,
Victor

Rando

In the Windows System Log I get an Event 111: Listening for SNMP traps on UDP socket 0.0.0.0:162 after restarting the core service.  Is there another place I need to check the server logs?

Rando

I did get an event 2019 in the Windows Application log SNMP Event Log Extension Agent did not initialize correctly.

There was also Event ID 3003: Error positioning to end of log file -- can't get oldest log record. Handle specified is 14090292. Return code from GetOldestEventLogRecord is 223.