Unable to visualize DCIs

Started by Frank, March 06, 2015, 03:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hi,

since installing NetXMS about half a year ago I struggle to get visualizations e.g. in Dashboards working.
I've set up a DCI, let's say for System.Memory.Physical.UsedPerc for a HyperV-Server not changing any of the presettings and I see the correct Value for the DCI in the "last values"-Tab of the Details of that Server.
What I don't see is any Chart when right-clicking that last value (Chart is shown, but no values); also I can't see any values in Charts in Dashboards.

Problem Shows in web Client as well as in Windows client.

Anybody got an idea about this?

Lots of Thanks in advance,

Frank

tomaskir

Any chance you have "Do not save collected data to database" checked for that particular DCI?

Is it just one DCI or all DCIs?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Try to change chart interval to something larger, like 1 week - will you see something? Check that you have correct time zone settings on server and workstation.

Best regards,
Victor

Frank

First of all thanks for your ideas.

The Problem Shows up on all DCIs. "Do not save collected data to database" ist set to off, in spite of that I can't see any values in the History of the value. Therefore I don't think it is a time Zone Problem; Server and Client are the same and larger timescale also results in an empty graph.

Is there any other condition that might result in that behaviour?

thanks in advance and best regards,

Frank

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

please check if there are actual data in idata_xxx tables. If they are empty, check server log file for SQL errors. Also, try to stop server and run database check.

Best regards,
Victor

Frank

Hi,

first thing I tried was nxdbmgr; I guess that already did the Job. I'm a bit puzzled, since nxdbmgr reported no Errors, but nevertheless the whole thing works really fine now.

Thanks for your help and greetings from Germany!

best regards,

Frank

Frank

At least I thought so...

all DCIs work for a few minutes after restart of netxms server, after that - no new values in history (that is so for all DCIs I've tried). The graphs work correct if there is data.
Strange thing is, the "last values" show up correct and also they update correctly, the history doesn't. And since the graphs get their data from the history tables, they can't show anything correct.

idata_xxx-tables exist only for some DCIs and are filled (timestamp seems ok to me, idata_value=0 in all rows).

Any idea, hopefully?

thanks,

Frank

Frank

Hi,

updated to M2 today...now i see the DCIs in history and Graphs "hanging" about half an hour behind real time.
From other threads i got the console command "Show Queues" and saw

Database writer (IData)                50124   constantly around that value
Database writer (raw DCI values)  1357     decreasing to 0 every few seconds
Status Poller                                1245     constantly around that value

Cound that have anything to do with my Problem? Are there any Switches i can set to get around this?
Or could this be database related (mysql)?

thanks in advance,

Frank

Frank

Hi,

Values are two days behind now, so for me at the Moment a clear case of missing db-performance.

Greetings,

Frank

Alex Kirhenshtein

Hello.

Sorry for late reply.

It's definitely an issue with database performance, queue size is way to high.
1) Check "EnableMultipleDBConnections" parameter (either in server settings or using "nxdbmgr get EnableMultipleDBConnections"), it should be set to "1"
2) Check "ConnectionPoolBaseSize" and "ConnectionPoolMaxSize". Server can be very slow if poll size is limited to 1.
2) Increase number of DB writers to at least 4 ("nxdbmgr set NumberOfDatabaseWriters 4")
3) Check I/O, enable slow query logging

Please note "nxdbmrg set" should be used only when server is stopped.

Frank

Hi,

thanks anyway.

I found out that the main Problem lies with the mysql-configuration, which was mainly out-of-the-box.
I just changed two Parameters

innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0
innodb_buffer_pool_size=4G

in my.ini and everything runs as hell.

Thanks for your help and greetings from Germany,

Frank