Does anyone have developer document?

Started by rnr, August 03, 2009, 10:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnr

Now i have intend to write a new specific feature for my network. I feel very hard to read and understand all in source code. Somebody can help me?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hello!

Unfortunately, development documentation almost absent. There are document which describes communication protocol, but it covers only message format and small subset of commands. Also, there are some notes in doc/internal directory in source tree. And there are some comments in source code.

Of course, you can ask questions here, and I'll do my best to answer them. Maybe it will become a foundation for Development FAQ :) You can also consider ordering custom development from Raden Solutions (http://www.radensolutions.com).

Best regards,
Victor

rnr

Many thanks for reply.
Can you help me in agent API. I want to read, edit some system file in my agent (ex. /etc/passwd, /etc/system-config/iptables....). After edit those, in console i want to send a command to force agent-peer restart specific services.
Some additions, i want to store on server some ralated-informations of agent-peers such as route, iptables config or other configurations.

Victor Kirhenshtein

You can take a look at skeleton subagent - src/agent/subagents/skeleton. It can be used as a template for creating your own subagent.
For restarting specific services - you do not need any development for this, it can be done via configuration. You can define actions in agent and call them either from event processing policy or via object tools.
For storing additional information on server, you can either create your own additional table in database, or use object's custom attributes. Anyway, you will need to write small server module to handle this.

Best regards,
Victor