Error editing DCI

Started by Marco Incalcaterra, August 01, 2013, 04:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marco Incalcaterra

I got an error trying to edit a DCI:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
For input string: "FF000000"

Any hints for the source of the problem? Where is the error log?

Best regards,
Marco

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Looks very strange. Check for file called .log somewhere under .nxmc in your home directory.

Best regards,
Victor

Marco Incalcaterra

Ok, log found, cleaned up and edited again, this is the content:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2013-08-01 17:25:10.942
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "FF000000"
   at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.perfview.PerfTabGraphSettings.getColorAsInt(PerfTabGraphSettings.java:124)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.perfview.propertypages.PerfTab.createContents(PerfTab.java:103)
   at org.eclipse.jface.preference.PreferencePage.createControl(PreferencePage.java:232)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.console.tools.ExtendedPropertyDialog.createAllPages(ExtendedPropertyDialog.java:71)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.datacollection.views.DataCollectionEditor.editSelectedObject(DataCollectionEditor.java:702)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.datacollection.views.DataCollectionEditor.access$17(DataCollectionEditor.java:695)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.datacollection.views.DataCollectionEditor$10.run(DataCollectionEditor.java:408)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.datacollection.views.DataCollectionEditor$4.doubleClick(DataCollectionEditor.java:211)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:845)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
   at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(StructuredViewer.java:843)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleDoubleSelect(StructuredViewer.java:1134)
   at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1246)
   at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:249)
   at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.java:246)
   at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:307)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2701)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2665)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2499)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:679)
   at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:668)
   at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
   at org.netxms.ui.eclipse.console.NXMCApplication.start(NXMCApplication.java:37)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

I understand that there is an exception but how the hell can I throw away that bad value without deleting the DCI?  :)

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Sorry for late reply! I've fixed this issue (SVN rev. 7613). Unfortunately, console built from trunk will not be compatible with 1.2.8 server. If this is critical, I can build an 1.2.8-compatible console with the fix, otherwise you have to wait for 1.2.9 release.

Best regards,
Victor

Marco Incalcaterra

Quote from: Victor Kirhenshtein on August 13, 2013, 11:16:33 AM
Hi!

Sorry for late reply! I've fixed this issue (SVN rev. 7613). Unfortunately, console built from trunk will not be compatible with 1.2.8 server. If this is critical, I can build an 1.2.8-compatible console with the fix, otherwise you have to wait for 1.2.9 release.

Best regards,
Victor

Hi Victor,

Don't worry, I removed and re-added the DCI from the template, the lost of history was not a big deal, the really bad side effect was the necessity to edit all the dashboards where it was used :-)

Best regards,
Marco