DeleteEmptySubnets

Started by Nikk, November 07, 2013, 12:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikk

Hi,

I have suspicion that variable DeleteEmptySubnets = 1 is not working! As I understand, they should be deleted each time when housekeeping process ir running, which is by default 3600. But my empty subnets are not deleted. Can it be so, or i'm missing something?

NetXMS version 1.2.9

Thanks in advance,
Nikk

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Looks like a bug. I'll try to reproduce it.

Best regards,
Victor

Valentine

Quote from: Nikk on November 07, 2013, 12:19:42 PM
Hi,

I have suspicion that variable DeleteEmptySubnets = 1 is not working! As I understand, they should be deleted each time when housekeeping process ir running, which is by default 3600. But my empty subnets are not deleted. Can it be so, or i'm missing something?

NetXMS version 1.2.9

Thanks in advance,
Nikk

Hello. Nikk!

Thanks for the input, but I can't reproduce the issue you're describing. Please note, that the value 3600 (which is given in seconds) is equal to one hour. Try using a smaller value, 30, for example, and restart the server. The subnets will go away eventually.

Keep your spirit strong,
Valentine.

Nikk

Hi,

So I tried to lower the interval to 30, but anyway no luck. :/

Nikk.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

What operating system you run server on? Can you please run it with debug level 6 and send me the log (or check what is logged during housekeeper run)?

Best regards,
Victor

Valentine

Quote from: Nikk on November 08, 2013, 09:32:45 AM
Hi,

So I tried to lower the interval to 30, but anyway no luck. :/

Nikk.

I just tried to reproduce it in NetXMS v1.2.9 (both web and desktop consoles, Linux). Still works for me.

Keep your spirit strong,
Valentine.

Nikk

Servers are running on Ubuntu server 12.04 and Windows server 2012. 
I looked into debug6 log, but there were nothing regarding housekeeping!

Valentine

Hello, Nikk,

I managed to reproduce it. It seems like only the empty subnets from previous sessions are affected. I will look into it.

Keep your spirit strong,
Valentine.

Valentine

Nikk,

I seem to have fixed the bug. Could you confirm that the issue doesn't persist any more?

Keep your spirit strong,
Valentine.

Nikk

Hi,

Unfortunately no subnets are deleted!

Nikk

Valentine

Hello,

Have you rebuilt the server?

Keep your spirit strong,
Valentine.

Nikk

Hi,

Yes, i rebuilt the server, but nothing changed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Nikk

Valentine

Nikk,

Where are you getting the sources from?

Keep your spirit strong,
Valentine.

Nikk

Valentine,

From website (https://www.netxms.org/download/)  , I am doing wrong right? :)

Thanks in advance,
Nikk

Valentine

Nikk,

If you want to get the changes as soon as we implement them, you have to get the sources from our git repo (git://git.netxms.org/public/netxms.git). Or, if you're patient enough, you could just wait for the next release. It's up to you. Hope that helps.

Keep your spirit strong,
Valentine.