Hi all!

NetXMS version 1.2.12 is out. Changes since previous release:

- Support for MetaSystem UPS in UPS subagent
- Timed (temporary) alarm acknowledgement
- New subagent DBQuery - replacement for ODBCQuery
- DCI access functions in NXSL works correctly with table DCIs
- Fixed bugs with instance discovery DCIs created from templates
- New property "runtimeFlags" in NXSL class "Node"
- New event SYS_IF_PEER_CHANGED (sent when peer change detected in interface)
- New system permission: Manage Image Library
- Object level access control can be enabled for logs
- New NXSL function FindAllDCIs
- Driver for Allied Telesis switches improved
- Management console:
   - Fixed bug with red zone display in "last value" dashboard element
   - Edit and delete for alarm comments are working now
   - Fixed Y axis range can be set for line and bar charts
   - In alarm menue are not shown incompatible for selected alarm statuses.
   - Alarm status flow can be changed to strict (terminate status can be set only
     after alarm is resolved). To change flow set "StrictAlarmStatusFlow" parameter to 1.
   - SNMP MIB loaded into memory on first access
- Android Agent:
   - Implemented "Connection notification" in status bar (feature #481)
   - Fix bug in resetting switch preference (settings)
- Android Console:
   - Fix bug in resetting switch preference (settings)
   - Implemented "Entire network" root (feature #482)
   - Manage last alarm from status bar: acknowledge, resolve, terminate (only for Android >= 4.1)
- Fixed issues: #79, #88, #280, #285, #393, #415, #470, #475, #481, #482, #483, #484, #486, #487, #490, #497, #500, #502, #504

Best regards,
Victor

Peter Sentveld

Tnx.

Troubles building the source on "CentOS release 6.3 (Final)"

Making all in netxmsd
make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/netxms-1.2.12/src/server/netxmsd'
  CXXLD  netxmsd
../core/.libs/libnxcore.so: undefined reference to `xmpp_stanza_add_child_ex'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [netxmsd] Error 1

ldconfig didn't help, can you please indicate what i'm missing ?

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi!

Try to add --disable-xmpp to configure as a workaround. I'll check what the problem is in the meantime.

Best regards,
Victor

andrey--k

Installation from deb on debian squeeze:

Setting up netxms-server (1.2.12) ...
NetXMS: compiling MIB files
/usr/bin/nxmibc: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
NetXMS: upgrading database
/usr/bin/nxdbmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/netxmsd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Setting up netxms-server-oracle (1.2.12) ...

looks like you migrated to wheezly? :)

Peter Sentveld

--disable-xmpp solved the build error.

After starting netxmsd it was 100% cpu for quiet some time (hours !), now its usable.

Thanks, Peter.

doki

Hi Victor,

Is this version supports H3c and shoretel? it was previously request before :)

https://www.netxms.org/forum/announcements/netxms-1-2-7-released/msg10340/#msg10340

Thanks.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Yes, NetXMS 1.2.12 built on Debian 7 (wheezy). I'll publish Debian 6 build shortly as it seems that there are still many Debian 6 installations.

Best regards,
Victor

Victor Kirhenshtein

lindeamon

as always, good to have new version full of new features and can't wait for the next release.
what about the "help" issue ? for me, thing are going to slow with configuration due to lack of good documentation of everything.

possamai

Quote from: lindeamon on February 19, 2014, 11:34:08 AM
as always, good to have new version full of new features and can't wait for the next release.
what about the "help" issue ? for me, thing are going to slow with configuration due to lack of good documentation of everything.

+1 to that.
A help button that points to sertain places in online documentation would be nice. maybe to points in a wiki.
You could make it a community project so NetXMS enthousiasts can add to the documentation.. that will certainly save you some time.
It's a free product so no harm in making a bit of use of the community. I would even love to help out with that and I'm probably not the only one.

Victor Kirhenshtein

Any help with documentation is very welcome :) You can edit manual in wiki (I'll move it to pdf then), or just create separate articles about how to configure things.

Best regards,
Victor

Dani@M3T

I just updated to V1.2.12 (on linux 64bit from sources). When I want to upload a new image to the Image Library, I get the error 'Access denied'. I checked then the user group for the new permission 'Manage Image Library', but there is no such item in the list (in java console). See attached printscreen.

lindeamon

Thank you Victor,

personally, i would have helped out more but i believe that i have a lot of missing knowledge to begin with.
an idea for a rapid solution will be to create some sort of a list of all the abilities and possibilities of the system {for example, a list of all the possible subagents} so that at least we will know how to better use the program and with the help of us, the users, fill out every section of the list along the way.

awesome work, awesome software, great excitement with every new release for me. keep up the good work.
Lindeamon

Victor Kirhenshtein

Quote from: Dani@M3T on February 19, 2014, 10:18:56 PM
I just updated to V1.2.12 (on linux 64bit from sources). When I want to upload a new image to the Image Library, I get the error 'Access denied'. I checked then the user group for the new permission 'Manage Image Library', but there is no such item in the list (in java console). See attached printscreen.

Yes, seems that GUI update was forgotten. We will fix it in next patch release.

Best regards,
Victor

Dani@M3T

Hi Victor
Is there some kind of workaround to upload images in the meanwhile?

thanks, Dani