Icmp.PacketLoss & Icmp.AvgPingTime not supported from specific agent

Started by adimitrov, December 12, 2016, 02:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adimitrov

Hello team ,

I encountered an issue where Icmp.packetLoss DCI is missing as possibility to be monitored through the agent.

We have some devices that don't have local agent to collect the data and forward it to the server. They are monitored through agent in our environment, so we are using public IP addresses (not sure if this is relevant). in the past this was working fine, but now the DCI's are in state "unsupported", i already checked if this could be a network related issue. It seems that it is not. We checked all access lists NAT rules and so on, also tested the ping itself between the agent and most of the devices and it is working.

When i search the DCI , it is not present ( shown in screenshot 1), in the background you can see that the DCI is already applied. This was done in the past and not changed since then.

The version of the agent is:

root@nxagent:~# nxagentd -v
NetXMS Core Agent Version 2.1-M1 Build 9002 (UNKNOWN) (UNICODE)

In the log file with debug level 6, the things looks like: (please check screenshot_2, note: i croped only the public ip addresses mentioned in the logs).

Version of the server is latest stable 2.0.7.

All of our agents are with the same version and this is the only one with this issue.

Best regards,
Adrian

tomaskir

The first obvious thing to check would be if the icmp SubAgent is enabled :)

adimitrov

It is enabled, please check the screenshot_3. I notice that i did not attache the first screenshot.

Best regards,
Adrian

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

you put

SubAgent = ping.nsm

into wrong section. It should be in main section of config but it is in FILEMGR section.

Best regards,
Victor

adimitrov

Thanks Victor ! I would never think of that.

Best Regards,
Adrian