Install of version 3-3.285 fails at make

Started by djdenney, May 05, 2020, 06:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djdenney

Using version 3-3.285, configure fails and I had t use --disable-dependency-checking to get it to finish.  The next step is to run "make".  make is missing.  Also, I had to install gcc, gcc-c++, libssh, libssh-devel - adding nogpgcheck, pcre, pcre-devel, posgresql, PostgreSQL-devel and use --disable-mgtt

I am at an impass and need to move forward.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
UPDATE:  After performing dnf install make make, automake, git, mosquito, and mosquito-devel, I can successfully run ./configure --with-server --with-pgsql --with-agent,  but make fails with:

CDPATH="$(ZSH_VERSION+." && cd . && /bin/sh /root/netxms-3.3.285/config/missing aclocal-1.16 -I m4 fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories) : .git configure.ac:12: error: AC_INIT should be called with package and version arguments /usr/share/aclocal-1.16/init.m4:29 AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is expanded from...
configure.ac:12 the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status 1
aclocal-1.16: error: echo failed with exit status 1
make *** [Makefile:472: sclocal.m4] Error 1

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

on what distribution you are building? How did you get sources - clone from git or source package?

Best regards,
Victor

djdenney

Victor Kirhenshtein

First configure run fails because you didn't have "make" installed. I suggest to unpack source package into clean directory and re-run configure. You should not run automake and autoconf if you get source package - it may lead to broken configure. You should just run configure as it provided in the package.

Best regards,
Victor

djdenney

I did unpack into an empty into an empty directory and like I said above, I kept installing packages that configure complained about until I go a clean configure run.  I am running the exact configure that is stated in the admin guide.  ./configure --with-server --with-pgsql --with-agent

The configure completes without error and the failure is with make (see output above)

djdenney

Should I uninstall automake and autoconf then?  I did not specify their use, I installed them so configure would run all the way through without error.

djdenney

I was sifting through the config.log file and saw some errors.  I am attaching the config.log file.

Filipp Sudanov

Just tried compiling 3.3.285 on a fresh Centos 8.1

I had to install the following dependencies:
yum install make gcc-c++ openssl-devel libcurl-devel libssh-devel pcre-devel libpq-devel

Have not figured out what package to install for mosquitto, so disabled it in confgiure:
./configure --with-server --with-pgsql --with-agent --disable-mqtt

Please check if you have all dependencies installed and try again.

djdenney

I finally got it to work using:
./configure --prefix=/opt/netxms --libdir=/opt/netxms/lib64 --with-server --with pgsql --with-agent --with-openssl --with-snmp

Then I had to learn the correct way to install/configure PostgreSQL 10.

I must say that the installation section of the Administrators Guide leaves ALOT to be desired.  The author 'assumes' the knowledge level of the user and should assume the user has little to no knowledge of the subject matter.