Update 3.7.130 > 3.8.226: Thousands of Agent Errors

Started by Spheron, March 19, 2021, 02:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Kirhenshtein

Did you install it on top of old version? If yes, try to remove it and do clean install (make sure to manually delete all remaining work directories after uninstall). Select bundled JVM when installing.

Best regards,
Victor

Spheron

Hi Victor,

first i installed it over the old version > not worked.

Then i deinstalled it, deleted the c:\netxms\webui manualy and reinstall (with jre) > not worked.

What for directorys i had to clean after doing a "normal" deinstall? Is the "c:\netxms\webui" the only one?

By the way: In the c:\netxms directory is also the NetXMS Server installed...

At WebUI install i let the suggested installation path ("c:\NetXMS") unchanged. NetXMS Web UI is installed in c:\NetXMS\WebUI. The JRE is installed in c:\NetXMS\bin\jre.

Is this correct?

Greetings
Marco

Victor Kirhenshtein

Did you change service to run under "Local System" after clean install?

Best regards,
Victor

Spheron

Hi Victor,

i have gone thru following steps:

- deinstalled NetXMS WebUI (over Windows Program deinstallation)
- manually deleted c:\NetXMS\WebUI
- installed NetXMS WebUI with netxms-webui-3.8.262-x64.exe
- Service not comes up after installation
- change service user to System Account
- start service > service start fails  (please see log files, now there are more informations in log)

Greetings
Marco

Victor Kirhenshtein

Very strange, I just did the same and service started correctly, so it somehow related to environment. Try to install Java 11 from AdoptOpenJDK separately - maybe we miss something when pack embedded JRE. Those are log lines that are most suspicious:

[2021-04-14 09:41:19] [error] ( javajni.c:828 ) [10492] CreateJavaVM Failed with error [-1]
[2021-04-14 09:41:19] [error] ( javajni.c:828 ) [10492] Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

Best regards,
Victor

Victor Kirhenshtein

Also found this thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63012015/jni-createjavavm-fails-with-adopt-openjdk-11-0-8. Do you have JAVA_HOME environment set? If yes, try to remove it completely (preferred) or point to C:\NetXMS\bin\jre.

Best regards,
Victor

Spheron

Hi Victor,

JAVA_HOME  was not set. AdoptOpenJDK is installed in V8 + V11, i deinstalled both (needed these only for the NextXMS Client). Then i reinstalled NetXMS WebUI as described in my last post.... Same errors in log..

After that, i deinstalled NetXMS WebUI an reinstalled it at another setup path (new patch: c:\NetXMS_WebUI)  an voila:  Service is starting and i can access NetXMS with the WebUI...

I would now leave the setup as it is....  Can i delete the  c:\netxms\bin\jre  path?  or is this jre needed for/from the NetXMS Server (i have the NetXMS Server installed at c:\NetXMS)

Greetings
Marco

Victor Kirhenshtein

Hi,

yes, I think you can delete c:\netxms\bin\jre. I have no idea why it was not working when installed into same directory. But we are going to merge server ad web UI installers into one anyway in version 4, so it should not be an issue after that.

Best regards,
Victor