News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Support / ICMP polling through Proxy aft...
Last post by jmcdole - May 03, 2024, 06:24:23 PM
Good Morning, I updated a ubuntu/mssql based server to 5.0.0 then 5.0.1 and have lost the ability to poll icmp targets through an agent serving as a proxy.

• Nodes were added through discovery, but also fails on new, manually added nodes
  • The proxy agents are otherwise working (including other subagents like mqtt)
  • I upgraded the agents to 5.0.1
  • I have added and removed proxy nodes from the zone (we have several zones)
  • The only error I see logged on server or agent is "Unable to establish connection with proxy node"
  • I can manually ping from the server where the agent is installed to the other nodes
  • I also checked the database with the dbmgr utility
  • All other aspects, other than icmp, appear to work correctly

This happened right after the upgrade, so I wanted to flag it here.  

Thank you!
General Support / Re: Template Errors after 5.0 ...
Last post by Victor Kirhenshtein - May 03, 2024, 06:22:33 PM
For out of the box templates, if you didn't change them, you can just re-import them, either manually or by changing server configuration option Server.ImportConfigurationOnStartup to "always" and restarting server.

Best regards,
Victor
Last post by gmonk63 - May 03, 2024, 05:07:36 PM
Perfect Thank you.. These are the out of box templates
Announcements / Re: NetXMS 5.0 released
Last post by Victor Kirhenshtein - May 03, 2024, 04:56:13 PM
Quote from: Spheron on May 03, 2024, 04:01:33 PMHello @all,

noticed that there are no more windows server downloads online, except for users with active support contract... Are there any announcement that i missed?

I never heard or read of this change. I only noticed this cause i take a look in the download section of the NetXMS website.

It would have been nice if you had announced the change a bit in advance, then everyone could have thought about how to deal with it...

Greetings
Marco

Yes, I agree that we should have had announced it in advance. I will discuss it with the team and announce if there will be any changes to new policy.
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 03, 2024, 04:53:13 PM
If these are out-of-the-box templates, you can re-import them via Configuration -> Import configuration. Template files are here: https://github.com/netxms/netxms/tree/master/contrib/templates
Last post by Victor Kirhenshtein - May 03, 2024, 04:49:36 PM
Yes, it's database corruption caused by upgrade to 5.0.0 (fixed in 5.0.1, but unfortunately fix will not help if database is already converted).
Bug in upgrade procedure caused instance discovery filters to be replaced with transformation scripts for instance discovery DCIs where transformation scripts were defined. If you don't have lot of instance discovery DCIs best option is to go through them and re-create instance filters manually (or restore only "instd_filter" column in table "items" from database backup).

Best regards,
Victor
General Support / Template Errors after 5.0 inst...
Last post by gmonk63 - May 03, 2024, 04:42:33 PM
After upgrading to 5.0 I have been getting alarms with the Ubiquiti AirMAX templates see below. Not sure if this was fixed with 5.0.1 but wanted to post just incase
Last post by Spheron - May 03, 2024, 04:01:33 PM
Hello @all,

noticed that there are no more windows server downloads online, except for users with active support contract... Are there any announcement that i missed?

I never heard or read of this change. I only noticed this cause i take a look in the download section of the NetXMS website.

It would have been nice if you had announced the change a bit in advance, then everyone could have thought about how to deal with it...

Greetings
Marco
Last post by Victor Kirhenshtein - May 03, 2024, 02:35:16 PM
Patch release 5.0.1 published (it fixes bug in database upgrade procedure).
General Support / Re: new desktop client - unbou...
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 03, 2024, 12:10:56 PM
It's planned to fix this so that if object is present somewhere else (e.g. under subnet tree) it won't be displayed in the root. But in cases when user does not has access to any container/subnet containing a node, but has access rights to the node itself, it would be display in the the root.

Currently you can have "Unbound stuff" container somewhere with this auto-bind script, it will pick objects that are not present in any other containers:

for(p : $object.parents) {
  println(classof(p));
  if ((classof(p) == "Container") and p.id != $container.id) return false;
}
return true;