News:

We really need your input in this questionnaire

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Support / Re: Monitoring gpu on windows
Last post by Victor Kirhenshtein - May 11, 2024, 11:14:19 AM
You likely can use Windows performance counters. There are quite a lot of them for GPU. I didn't try to collect them from NetXMS, but my Windows notebook seems to provide GPU utilization and GPU memory usage among other stuff, and they should work as any other perf counter using "Windows Performance Counter" source for DCI.

Best regards,
Victor
General Support / Re: new desktop client - unbou...
Last post by Victor Kirhenshtein - May 11, 2024, 10:59:09 AM
I just updated client application so that nodes without parent objects in infrastructure tree are not shown as root level objects. This change will be part of release 5.0.3.

Best regards,
Victor

Announcements / Re: NetXMS 5.0 released
Last post by lindeamon - May 11, 2024, 09:55:58 AM
Hi Team,
as always, thank you for the great work. you give us an awesome piece of software for free and we appreciate it.
Windows is my go to platform and having the binaries all ready available made it much much easier for me to use netxms in my company.
hope you will reconsider your decision about windows server binaries.

10x,
Lindeamon
General Support / Re: new desktop client - unbou...
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 10, 2024, 08:47:24 PM
Not sure why this is happening. Can you run the script I've shared manually (via Execute Script from context menu) on a couple of nodes which we bound to that container, but should not and share the output.
General Support / Re: NXSL Changes
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 10, 2024, 08:25:43 PM
Should now be:
if (($node.snmpSysName != "") and ($node.snmpSysName !=null))
{
  $node.rename($node->snmpSysName);
}

https://www.netxms.org/documentation/nxsl-latest/#_instance_methods_14

General Support / Re: Monitoring gpu on windows
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 10, 2024, 07:49:34 PM
We do not have any out of the box metrics, but if you find any command line utility that is able to get this data, you can add external metric for that.
General Support / Re: Client Reconnect
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 10, 2024, 07:46:47 PM
There's parameter Server.Security.2FA.TrustedDeviceTTL in Configuration->Server configuration, it's time in seconds
General Support / Re: Netxms Server 5.0.2 instal...
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 10, 2024, 06:49:30 PM
Please check again, this should be now fixed
General Support / Re: snmpOID is no longer retur...
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 10, 2024, 03:16:00 PM
NXSL functions accept OIDs both with and without the leading dot. Returned values are without the dot. So both of below lines will print "System description: 1.3.6.1.4.1.14988.1"

println("System description: " .. $node.createSNMPTransport()?.getValue(".1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0") );
println("System description: " .. $node.createSNMPTransport()?.getValue("1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2.0") );

?. is safe dereference which appeared in 5.0 - should createSNMPTransport() return null, this will not produce script error.
General Support / Re: networkmaps backgroundimge...
Last post by Filipp Sudanov - May 10, 2024, 03:05:48 PM
We will discuss internally, if background image size can be considering when opening map.

As for now, if size in map properties is 0, 0 then default values are taken from server configuration settings Objects.NetworkMaps.DefaultHeight (or ...Width), or coordinates of farthest objects are taken as size, if they are bigger then default values. So you can increase these default values to the size of your biggest background image.

Also, there's a difference between desktop and web version - in the latter background image is not cropped to map size.